Our other visitors guides
Go Travel Windsor: Click, Click All Selfies
- Last Updated on Thursday, 23 February 2017 12:38
REMAIN IN LIGHT: PHOTOGRAPHY FROM THE MCA COLLECTIONS
Photographer Julie Rapp, 'Overstepping'
How fortunate are we in the Hawkesbury? A stunning collection of photography is on exhibit until October 4 AND we are the only venue in Sydney to offer this exhibition. It includes black and white photos, artist books, photolithography and digital photography and includes 70 works of Australian and internations photographers.
ELAINE CAMPANER, 'Christmas Island' William Yang, 'The Morning After'
These works convey how photography has been at the centre of critical debates -- revealing sports, war, poverty or riches, crime, love, family and changes in our cities and our social lives.
Now you may argue that photography haven't changed much over the years, but the way in which it has been distributed -- mass produced and photo-documents -- has changed dramatically with the development of mobile phones (hardware) and online platforms (software) like Flickr and Instagram.
MORE EXCITING OPPORTUNITIES AT HAWKESBURY REGIONAL GALLERY:
- "CLICK" COMPETITION FOR KIDS (5-12 Years; 13-18 Years) Entry forms necessary! Looking for 'selfies' or friends, family or important people in a selfie's life. So click away and get creative. Deadline for entry is Sunday 23 August. (for more info: Diana Robson 02 4560 4444
- Personified places: Selfie Spaces for Year 10 - 12 students. A workshop led by artist educators from the MCA Learning Team. 4 September. Students will question the 'selfie' within the tradition of portraiture. Fantastic opportunity to explore organically serial images, time lapse documentation, polaroid photography and social media. (Free) Limited to 15 students Call for bookings 02 4560 4418.
- Professional Development Day for Teachers. Saturday 5 September 11am - 5pm. New ways to engage with contemporary art (hands-on session) led by a practising artist educator from the MCA Learning Team. Will include a practical photography workshop (all supplies provided) and will incourage new ways to inspire your students. (Fee) Call 02 4560 4441. Morning tea and lunch included.
So much art and creativity at our Hawkesbury Regional Gallery. Get involved!
Go Travel Windsor: You're as cold as ice?
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 14 July 2015 17:17
A Winter River
Perhaps you're not . . . 'as cold as ice' (Foreigner) but certainly we have all been frosty this week when the sun disappears. Our thoughts turn to food -- we want carbs! We rarely think of sweets (other than our nightly chocolate) but in chill of winter, Sue'z 'Pain Perdu' -- croissant with butter pudding is more than perfect. Made with apples and French vanilla, this yummy is served warm with a scoop of vanilla-bean gelato. Need I say more? Sue'z Kitchen can dish out the best.
Sue'z Sweet Sampler
Today, foodies were having lunch and/or tea in the sun which was anything but winter-weak. Perfect weather for al fresco, of course only at mid-day!
WONDERSUSHI AND THE BRIDGE CAFE
But when the sun disappeared around 6pm, we headed to Biviano's for our favourite pizza and pasta -- delectible food to warm the tummy and cheer the heart! Of course, you could order the lobster!
Biviano's Italian Restaurant
It seems that we are engulfed in a cold snap but perhaps it will soon pass. Until warmer weather returns, we'll leave you with a beautiful photo of The Hawkesbury, taken on a winter morning, but still so beautiful. Crisp, calm and almost like ice!